DRUM CORPS SCHOLARSHIP
As part of the DRUMS on the OHIO mission, each year our organization awards scholarships to deserving individuals that perform in Drum Corps from the local area. The funds that are awarded go directly toward helping individuals offset the amount of their tour fees. The 2020 DRUMS on the OHIO Drum Corps Scholarship will award three (3) individuals a total of $1,000.00 each.
- Current resident or a resident from:
- Indiana: Vanderburgh, Posey, Gibson, Spencer, Warrick, Pike, or Dubois County
- Kentucky: Henderson, Union, or Daviess County
- Illinois: Edwards, White, Wabash, or Gallatin County
- Applications received from outside these areas will be evaluated for eligibility by the Scholarship Committee.
- Current attendance or recent graduation from a high school in one of these counties.
- Contracted member of a DCI drum corps for the 2020 summer season (brass, percussion, front ensemble, drum major, color guard).
Application materials must be received by Monday, April 13, 2020, in order to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered.
The following materials MUST be submitted (MS Word or PDF):
- The completed online application form.
- A typed letter to the Scholarship Committee with the following responses:
- A brief bio that is a reflection of your personality, character, and accomplishments.
- Why you have applied for this scholarship.
- What you hope to gain from your corps experience this summer.
- One (or more) letters of recommendation from a current or former teacher or instructor (preferably from a music/performance background).
- Copy of your COMPLETED corps contract or membership agreement with an Open or World Class Corps.
- A photograph of yourself to be featured along with your bio on the DRUMS on the OHIO website and Program Book (PDF, JPEG, PNG).
Applications will be evaluated based on completeness, quality of your letter to the Scholarship Committee, and supporting documents that show integrity, ethics, and character.
By submitting your application, you authorize DRUMS on the OHIO to use your photo and bio in show marketing materials.
SELECTION AND TIMING
Recipients will be selected based on application materials provided. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by Monday, April 27, 2020. Payment will be made by Monday, May, 1, 2020 and only to the recipient’s account at their corp’s home office.
Scholarship only applies to tour fees and not travel or incidental expenses. If at any time during “move-in” or during the summer you elect not to continue with your corps, you will be solely responsible for refunding the entire amount of your scholarship back to DRUMS on the OHIO.
If you are injured and/or are unable to complete the summer with your corps due to a legitimate medical issue, your corps will issue you a prorated refund, and you will be responsible for refunding a prorated amount of your scholarship back to DRUMS on the OHIO.